Tuesday 16 September 2014

Van Gaal is frighteningly honest - Blind

Daley Blind insists he isn't scared by Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal and believes the Dutchman's blunt style of management will make him a better player.
The Netherlands international played under Van Gaal at the 2014 World Cup, where he helped secure a third-place finish, and then linked up with him again after completing a £14 million move to United.

Blind, who made his debut in United's 4-0 win over Queens Park Rangers on Sunday, has described Van Gaal as "strict" but is adamant he is not intimidated by him.
"He is not frightening, he is just honest," Blind said. "That can be frightening, but I like it. He is very honest with everybody, he knows what he wants and he knows his philosophy.

"He can bring that to the players and he can make a team with everybody in. That is a good start for everybody if you want to work for each other. I have really learned a lot from Van Gaal and I like working under him."
Blind was used by Van Gaal as a left wing-back and a left-sided centre-back during the World Cup but began his United career at the base of a midfield diamond.

And he is convinced that Van Gaal's tactical insight will help him improve in the role.
Blind added: "I think he can make me a better player in terms of positioning, where to stand and tactics in games because midfield is an important position to play and I hope I can get better at it every day."
Blind excelled against QPR but admitted it was a game where he had an opportunity to flourish.

"Of course it was a bit different because the opponent was going back so I had a lot of space to control the ball and play it to the sides, mixing it from side to side," Blind explained. "I had a lot of space and that was nice for me.

"We played our own game and I think we played good. When we lost the ball we went as a team after the ball and I think we won the ball back a lot so we did a good job."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus Shortname

FEMISKY

Ad Inside Post

Comments system

[facebook] [facebook][blogger] [blogger][facebook] [disqus][facebook][blogger]